Reactivity almost never gets better by itself. And it usually gets worse over time.
Our Reactive Dog Class is an intense, comprehensive program designed to help change how your dog feels around other dogs. Reactivity is when your dog goes over threshold while on leash, and barks and lunges at another dog. Yelling, coaxing, yummy treats – nothing helps.
Using the science of applied animal behaviour, this class will guide you through exercises that:
- strengthen impulse control and attention skills.
- teach you emergency handling techniques to minimize the opportunity for your dog to rehearse going over threshold.
- use agility equipment and FitPaw equipment to develop body awareness and coordination. In studies with humans, increased body awareness and coordination has been linked to improved confidence.
- introduce your dog to shaping exercises to boost his or her confidence.
Most dogs who complete the class are able to feel calmer around other dogs.
What about GUARANTEES?
Are results guaranteed? No. However, reputable, certified trainers do not offer a guarantee for training services. Why is that? Because dog training involves many factors that will effect outcomes. Reactivity, and all dog behaviour, occurs at many different levels of intensity. Factors beyond our control include the dog’s training history, the root cause of the behaviour and owner compliance/mechanical skills.
The most recognized certifying body for dog trainers – The Certification Council of Pet Dog Trainers – specifically prevents certified trainers from offering guarantees for training.
Here's what some of our students are saying
“We’ve been able to pick up the tools that you gave us and work lots with Jasper and we have seen amazing improvement!”
“I just wanted to let you know that Jock is doing fantastically well. He has changed so much in the last few weeks it’s like having a new dog.”
“Thank you, thank you, thank you for this class. We can walk Kip after dinner now, and not after everyone else has retired for the night. It’s a change we never thought would be possible.”
“I have to say that I now enjoy our walks rather than dreading them.”
“We will continue to work with Harley because he’s still a bit nervous around big dogs but we no longer have all of the drama like before. I don’t feel so helpless anymore.”
- Have you been thinking about working on your dog’s reactivity?
- Do you walk your dog late at night or early in the morning to avoid other dogs?
- Would you like to help your dog cope differently when he encounters another dog?
Classes fill up fast so register now. Because these classes are limited to 4 dogs and fill quickly, payment must accompany registration.
Class Fee: 6 Weeks – $400.00 + HST = $452.00
Next class scheduled to start: Sunday, March 18 @ 10 a.m.
Click here to register for an upcoming class.