Reactivity never gets better by itself. Over time, it usually gets worse.
Reactive dog training is designed to help change how your dog feels around other dogs. Reactivity is when your dog goes over threshold while on leash, and barks and lunges at another dog. Yelling, coaxing, yummy treats – nothing helps.
Using the science of applied animal behaviour, you will be guided through exercises that:
- Help your dog to build different associations around unfamiliar dogs.
- Strengthen impulse control and attention skills.
- Teach you emergency handling techniques to minimize the opportunity for your dog to rehearse going over threshold.
- Use FitPaw equipment to develop body awareness and coordination. In studies with humans, increased body awareness and coordination has been linked to improved confidence.
- Introduce your dog to shaping exercises to boost his or her confidence.
What about GUARANTEES?
Are results guaranteed? No. Reputable, certified trainers do not offer a guarantee for training services. Why is that? Because dog training involves many factors that will affect outcomes. Reactivity, and all dog behaviour, occurs at many different levels of intensity. Factors beyond our control include the dog’s training history, the root cause of the behaviour and owner compliance/mechanical skills.
The most recognized certifying body for dog trainers – The Certification Council of Pet Dog Trainers – specifically prevents certified trainers from offering guarantees for training.
Here's what some of our students are saying
“We’ve been able to pick up the tools that you gave us and work lots with Jasper and we have seen amazing improvement!”
“I just wanted to let you know that Jock is doing fantastically well. He has changed so much in the last few weeks it’s like having a new dog.”
“Thank you, thank you, thank you for this class. We can walk Kip after dinner now, and not after everyone else has retired for the night. It’s a change we never thought would be possible.”
“I have to say that I now enjoy our walks rather than dreading them.”
“We will continue to work with Harley because he’s still a bit nervous around big dogs but we no longer have all of the drama like before. I don’t feel so helpless anymore.”
- Have you been thinking about working on your dog’s reactivity?
- Do you walk your dog late at night or early in the morning to avoid other dogs?
- Would you like to help your dog cope differently when he encounters another dog?
Helping your dog resolve his reactivity can change your life, and the life of your dog.
Online training is available, made up of eight training modules, and video coaching. Fee: $175.00
Click here to see the training syllabus.
Online training: Sorry, the current session is FULL.
Please contact me to be notified when our next session opens.